Business Administrator, Alumni Relations
401 N. Michigan Avenue
30364 Booth Alumni Relations
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Business Administrator reports to the Senior Associate Director, Student Alumni Relations and manages the operations of student-alumni initiatives while providing administrative, communication, expense and travel support for the Executive Director. Administers the day-to-day operations of Alumni Relations - managing operations, facilities, onboarding, and accounting tasks by working with internal and external constituents. Regularly, the Business Administrator manages lists, communications, and logistics for student-alumni programs.
- Administer day-to-day operations for the Alumni Relations office, including but not limited to: onboarding, facilities, inventory, and accounting.
- Oversee accounting transactions and work with departmental managers to resolve issues.
- Manage facilities and departmental assets, including space, telecommunications and computing needs by working with internal and external constituents.
- Manage program administration for student-alumni relations initiatives, including logistics for major events and coordination around alumni visits and student programs.
- Manage alumni vetting, list generation, email communication and agenda creation for Student Alumni Relations programs. Manages and reports on alumni data and program performance.
- Prepares and executes a variety of communications, including emails to external constituents, PowerPoint presentations, and reports.
- Create and maintain Student Alumni Relations website and calendar.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least five years of administrative and/or office manager experience required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Proven commitment to customer service and the ability to anticipate the needs of others required.
- High attention to detail and follow-up, and excellent organizational skills required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills required.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
- Fluency with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel (and Excel formulas), and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team setting required.
- Exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/