SEVIS Data Coordinator
Job ID: 44188
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position is member of the International Student and Scholar Services team at the Center for Global Engagement.
As a member of the International Student and Scholars Services team at the Center for Global Engagement (CGE), the SEVIS Data Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring institutional and individual compliance with federal immigration regulations. The individual in this position is primarily responsible for reporting, checking data integrity, and improving data collection processes in the following databases: the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), the CGE's immigration database software (Sunapsis), and Florida State University's student information system (Campus Solutions). A secondary area of responsibility is advising students on maintaining lawful F-1 status in the U.S. and assisting in applying for benefits of that status.
- Ensures data integrity in SEVIS and Sunapsis by conducting audits, investigating issues, recommending improvements, and overseeing data cleanup.
- Monitors SEVIS and Sunapsis alerts, resolves errors, and coordinates case follow-up with advisors.
- Works with advisors to develop, test, and implement improvements to data collection and management tools in Sunapsis, such as e-forms, templates, and checklists.
- Trains and supports advisors and other users of SEVIS and Sunapsis.
- Works with CGE IT manager and university IT services staff to configure, troubleshoot and maximize use of Sunapsis.
- Prepares annual and periodic reports on international students and scholars.
- Advises international students on immigration regulations and university policies and procedures.
- Serves on CGE and Division of Student Affairs (DSA) committees as required. Attends major CGE and DSA functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- At least two years of experience in one or both of the following: Using analytical tools and technology to generate reports and improve business processes and/or advising international students/scholars on U.S. immigration regulations.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work with others.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident in order to serve as a DHS Designated School Official (DSO) and a DOS Alternate Responsible Office (ARO).
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in a relevant field.
- Two years of experience as a SEVIS coordinator or international student/scholar advisor working with Sunapsis.
- Expertise in the following: Sunapsis, SEVIS reports, BI reports in Campus Solutions (PeopleSoft).
- Experience living/working/studying abroad.
Please email cover letter and resume to contact listed. This is in addition to completing the required online application.
Mattie Mitchell Adams
Center for Global Engagement
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated hiring salary low $40,000's.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf