7 Columbia Circle Albany, NY 12203
October 5, 2018
The Administrative Assistant will perform diversified secretarial and administrative functions to support the academic operations in the School of Nursing. This position requires effective written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, The administrative assistant will provide quality customer service to students, faculty, and other stakeholders.
The Administrative Assistant will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer application, word processing, and utilize initiative and sound decision making while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Provide assistance and support with unit communications including assisting with student telephone triage and providing appropriate information for students, faculty, staff and external stakeholders.
- Support and assist in administrative responsibilities related to the development and implementation of academic policies and student services in the School of Nursing. This includes processing of student requests, appeals, dismissals and re-enrollments with supervision from nursing leadership.
- Process confidential and routine correspondence and reports as assigned.
- Assist with SON activities including but not limited to meetings, institutes, and other special events
- Coordinate with SON leadership team in meeting requirements for specialty accreditation and NYSED and State Boards of Nursing requirements.
- Create, modify, maintain databases and administrative directories
- Develop and maintain updated filing systems
- Secure confidential correspondence and records
- Serve on college-wide committee as assigned
- Attend school specific and college wide meetings
- Participate in professional development activities
- Other duties, as assigned
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information atjobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: