Instructor, Community Health Worker
Department: Health N/C (4W3450)
Location: Manufacturing Technology Center
Reports To: Director
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req437
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT099-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: As needed by the program
Teach a full range of skills and knowledge required of Workforce Industry Solutions Direct Healthcare Training program offerings for the Center of Health Industry Solutions.
Provide leadership, supervision, and control of classroom activities.
- Implement approved direct healthcare training curriculum to enhance the learning options of program participants.
- Monitor attendance, maintain records, score and evaluate educational performance of
participants according to College and Ohio Board of Nursing requirements.
- When appropriate identify and refer participants for supportive services to enhance
- Maintain knowledge of current changes and trends within the Healthcare Industry.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Prior classroom instruction or training experience in healthcare.
- Requires a counselor, social worker, or marriage and family therapist licensed under
Chapter 4757. of the Revised Code or a nurse licensed under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code with five years case management, care coordinator or navigator nursing experience.
- Has experience in working directly with community health workers for a minimum of six months
prior to entering into an instructor role; or within six months after assuming instructor responsibilities in the community health worker training program, successfully completes the community health worker program coursework
- Must be proficient with the use of computers to enter grades and attendance electronicallyMust
be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with a diverse staff and student population
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skillsAbility to multi-task in a fast-paced environmentConsistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- Possess great energy, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a broad range of students.
- Credibility, presence, and excellent facilitation abilities are required.
- Professional presentation skills
- Familiarization with Blackboard and other current presentation and testing software
- Possess current “Train-the Trainer” certificate issued by an agent of the Ohio Department of Health
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.