HR BUSINESS ANALYST, Human Resources
The HR Business Analyst will be an integral member of the HRIS team and will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the integrity of University data within the Organizational Management (OM) and Personnel Administration (PA) SAP modules.
- Providing support to all Human Resources departments by helping to identify data and reports that are necessary to support strategic initiatives that have a University wide impact
- Providing support to central academic and administrative departments for planning and management in the form of collecting and analyzing data to present reports, analytics and metrics which can be used to support University wide initiatives.
- Analyzing current business and/or system processes and workflow to look for improvements and recommend either changes to existing processes or creation of new processes which should make maximum use of our technological capabilities. The improvement of processes includes: testing of new/updated processes and developing user documentation of new or changed processes
- Conducting, and when needed developing, ad hoc, weekly, monthly and annual audits to ensure data integrity in SAP. Post audit actions including working with departments to correct their data and working with them to prevent future degradation of that data
- Performing OM and PA data corrections in accordance with Federal/State law, BU policies and best practices
- Developing and executing tests during implementation of upgrades to current systems to ensure all processes and data remain intact
- Helping to developing concise Business Requirement Documents for new systems that will be passed to IS&T’s Functional Analysts and Developers. This includes the testing of new systems to make sure all requirements are fulfilled and existing data integrity is not compromised
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience is required. Preferred degree in: Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a related field. 2+ years of experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, analyzing and reporting of HRIS systems and modules is preferred and experience with various SAP HCM modules including, but not limited to OM, OA, Benefits and Payroll is highly desirable. Experience and knowledge of system enhancements, improvements, and testing is required. The ability to apply HR policies and principles as they pertain to data integrity, correction and reporting is required, prior experience with HR policies is preferred. Experience in utilizing and creating databases and spreadsheets, through programs such as Excel and FileMaker Pro, or similar, is required. Demonstrated knowledge of other reporting and analytical tools such as Query Manager and Business Warehouse reporting is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Boston , Massachusetts, United States