The Department of Theatre Arts is seeking applicants for a Manager, Box Office, staff position, starting September 1, 2018. We seek candidates with expertise as Box Office sales and management.
1. Develops and implements plans for audience development and subscription ticket sales, including publicity releases, print and media advertising, mailings, on-line ordering and other marketing and public relations campaigns. Understands and leverages digital platforms to optimize performance.
2. Develops, maintains and reconciles the operating budget and annual calendar in collaboration with the Production Manager.
3. Assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic marketing and public relations plan. Provides market analysis and recommend avenues for advertising and improving publicity within targeted markets.
4. Manages computerized ticketing system, including software changes, updates and formats, hardware maintenance and communication with software vendor.
5. Drives the growth, engagement, and regular maintenance of all social channels.
6. Reconciles daily box office receipts, prepares transmittals and deposits, and administers accounting reports for cash flow and ticket revenue
7. Supervises the front of house activities for productions, including ushers and box office personnel in the following majors’ areas of ticketing, house management, audience development and marketing to include training, and evaluating performance.
8. Assists leadership in evaluating and overseeing special events and community outreach projects.
9. Hires, trains, schedules and supervises student staff members in charge of group sales and those students in charge of the season subscription campaigns and other related events. Supervise and process the season subscriptions renewal process. Manage all aspects of the computerized ticketing system and maintain the network connection with Ovation (or other vendor).
10. Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
Duties Specific to the Theatre Arts Department are:
• Ensures the professional operations of all ticketing, concessions, and front of house activities for the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre and Studio Season and other scheduled events to include evening and matinee performances of productions along with event rental of the JHRT.
• Coordinates all publicity of the JHRT Theatre production season.
• Evaluates Theatre Arts Management majors in collaboration with the Theatre Arts faculty; analyze each student's performance of the various production assignments.
• Processes donor related gift receipts. Collaborate with Artistic director in the administration of the new works readings and workshops and the acquiring of rights for production.
• Serves as liaison with Advancement and Communications to supervise the production of printed materials for the JHRT main stage production season to include subscription/season brochures, posters, playbills, and all other promotional materials. Secure rights to scripts, and scripts themselves. Maintains the JHRT web page and social media accounts.
• Attends Theatre Arts meetings, advising, review conferences and monthly faculty and staff meetings. Participate in admissions and recruitment activities for the Theatre Management program. Supervise performances and participate in the season selection committee providing feedback on prospective ticket sales for potential play selections.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree.
• Must have three years of relevant experience.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100043106
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>