Posting Number: SRGV3547
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To provide journeyman level installation, maintenance, and service of electrical/electronic systems. Responsible for the safe and prompt performance of the maintenance, operation, repair and installation of electrical/electronic systems, fixtures, apparatus and equipment and other assigned duties.
Description of Duties:
• Runs conduit, pulls wire and installs circuits for electrically driven units.
• Installs, maintains and repairs a wide variety of electrical motors, generators, fans, sterilizes, lamps, control panels, switches, circuit breakers, outlets, fixtures, timers, magnetic starters, all lighting, and other electrical/electronic equipment.
• Performs electrical work as may relate to air-conditioning or refrigeration.
• Performs preventative or corrective maintenance tasks and detailed inspection of electrical systems.
• Keeps current of changes in operating procedures, new equipment, and other related equipment.
• Informs appropriate personnel of unusual conditions, problems, or deficiencies and takes appropriate action.
• May perform manual labor such as digging or heavy lifting and other duties as required.
• May assist journeymen in other trades or other assigned to preventative maintenance, renovation or minor construction.
• May be required to carry a pager and be on call.
• May be responsible for the supervision of semi-skilled or unskilled workers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Frequently supervises from one to five semi-skilled or unskilled workers.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Vocational school electrical and electronic training.
Journeyman electrician license.
Five (5) years of skilled/journeyman level experience, including electrical maintenance, repair, and installation including one year under direct supervision of a journeyman or master electrician.
Five (5) or more years of the above experience.
Skill in the use of hand tools common to the electrical trade and the use of meters and other test equipment. Use of refrigeration gauges, leak detectors, etc.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exposure to outside environments, hot, dry, wet, and cold; some work in restricted spaces, exposure to dust, some duties and working conditions may create bodily strain and discomfort. Duties may involve the lifting and moving of heavy objects, stooping, crawling, climbing, reaching, and other activities requiring physical excretion. Danger of falls, electrical shock and burns, and hazards and conditions inherent to the trade or assignment.
This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/06/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19032
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency