Posting Number: 0000821
PS Position#: 00000261
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $57,552 - $67,499 is based on the Lee College Faculty 12 Month Salary Scale. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Primary responsibilities include teaching information literacy skills and concepts in assigned liaison areas, working with teaching faculty in those areas to develop departmental-specific objectives and providing instruction focused reference service. As the Faculty Liaison, this position will be the library's public face to the faculty by attending Program Area Division Meetings, gathering the faculty's user needs, and instructing faculty on newly acquired information resources.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Coordinator of Library Instruction
- Collaborate with faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum.
- Maintain current awareness of trends in information literacy instruction and assessment.
- Participate in and take the lead in the planning and delivery of instruction and outreach services.
- Participate in the delivery of team-based general (face to face) and virtual reference services.
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation, promotion, and assessment of the library's instruction program.
- Develop and implement assessment programs to measure instruction effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements based on assessment results.
- Assist with the integration of instructional technology tools into the library.
- Identify core classes and curricula that would benefit from research instruction and/or learning objects, and contact the instructors involved.
- Analyze user needs for information resources and communicate those needs to the other subject specialists.
- Represent the Library at the faculty division meetings.
- Instruct faculty on new databases or resources and provide refreshers at Professional Development Days and at other times of the year.
- Come up with innovative techniques and strategies for reaching out to faculty and share them with the other subject specialists.
- Gather feedback and assess faculty satisfaction with library materials in collaboration with the other librarians.
- Provide general and specialized instructional services to students, faculty, and the general public during regularly scheduled reference desk hours.
- Maintain current awareness of library technologies, trends in librarianship, and active knowledge of reference and research resources.
- Perform selection and collection development activities in chosen subject areas, as well as deselection activities.
- Provide guidance and support to the inter-library loan department and the inter-library loan assistant.
- Participate in college and campus wide committees, working groups, and task forces.
- Seek out and participate in professional development opportunities including, but not limited to, conference attendance and participation in local, state, and national/international professional and scholarly societies and organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- ALA accredited Master of Library Science (MLS) or Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- One (1) year of reference and instruction experience in an academic library
- Knowledge of current trends in reference and instruction services particularly as they relate to students in an academic setting
- Public service oriented
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, collaboration and presentation skills for communicating in multiple formats with a wide range of constituencies
- Knowledge of social media applications
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts of college coursework. (Official transcripts must be provided if hired.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5189
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency