Full-Time Engineering Instructor (REPOST)
Full-Time Engineering Instructor (REPOST)
Posting Number: 0000820
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Math, Engineering & Sciences
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This Letter of Appointment (LOA) is a temporary, full-time position. Work is assigned on a semester-to-semester basis and is contingent upon sufficient student enrollment, availability of funds, availability of full-time work in the area of responsibility, and/or continuing satisfactory performance.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Engineering courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, extension, online, hybrid, and/or dual enrollment classes at various campuses.
- Candidate should expect to participate in outreach and recruiting activities, University partnerships, and other program building initiatives.
- Recruit for and promote the Engineering program.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in Engineering or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in Engineering.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
- Previous teaching experience at a community college, engineering outreach, and experience in Engineering Education Research preferred
- Knowledge of Blackboard
- Documented commitment to the at-risk learner
- Evidence of creativity in developing courses and new programs at the community college level
- Experience and commitment to working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Experience incorporating student learning outcomes and assessments within courses and programs
- Experience utilizing technological innovations in teaching and learning
- Documented commitment to ongoing professional development
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5283
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency