Director of Procurement
Drew University is currently seeking a Director of Procurement. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all aspects of procurement including Purchasing, Bidding, Contract Review and Accounts Payable.
- Direct all the activities of the Procurement Department including Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Travel/Expense reimbursement.
- Develop proposals for competitive solicitations, evaluate responses and administer contracts.
- Develop, administer and communicate Procurement Department Policies & Procedures.
- Oversee and maintain the purchasing functions of the BANNER system.
- Utilize the BANNER ERP system and ARGOS reporting tool to analyze data and provide information to the university community to assist in cost – effective procurement of goods and services.
- Manage the operations of the travel and expense credit card system.
- Identify opportunities for standardization of acquisitions, cost reduction and improvement of processes through periodic review of practices and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with faculty, staff and students to educate them on purchasing policies and procedures, train them in use of appropriate systems and strive to understand their needs as they relate to their interactions with the procurement department.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-8 years of progressively more responsible experience in purchasing and procurement.
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Solid knowledge of the BANNER (or similar) systems used to manage the purchasing and procurement system is essential.
- Proven track record managing and continuously improving purchasing and procurement departmental operations.
- Ability to formulate a clear strategic vision for the ongoing growth and development of the Procurement Department.
- An energetic, upbeat, patient/approachable and professional style.
- Experience supervising others.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in higher education.
Bachelor’s Degree required/Master’s a plus.
Achievement of Certified Purchasing Manager (CPP, CPPM, etc.) and membership in American Purchasing Society, NAEP and similar professional procurement organizations is a plus.
To apply, please send the following to [email protected] to the attention of the Hiring Manager. Please include your name in the subject and apply by October 31, 2018.
Contact information for 3 references
Drew University, a Phi Beta Kappa liberal arts university, includes the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. Drew is located on a beautiful, wooded, 186-acre campus in Madison, New Jersey, a thriving small town close to New York City. It has a total enrollment of more than 2,000 students and has 145 full-time faculty members, 94% of whom hold the terminal degree in their field. The Theological and Caspersen Schools offer MA and PhD degrees and the College confers BA degrees in 30 disciplines.
Drew is dedicated to exceptional faculty mentorship, a commitment to connecting the campus with the community and a focus on experiential learning. Particularly noteworthy opportunities for undergraduates include the Charles A. Dana Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti (RISE), home of 2015 Nobel Prize Winner for Medicine and Drew Fellow William Campbell, the Drew Summer Science Institute, the Center for Civic Engagement, as well as the Wall Street Semester, Semester at the United Nations, Semester on Contemporary Art and Semester on Communications and Media in New York City and several international semester programs. The University also houses the Center for Civic Engagement, the Drew Summer Science Institute, the Center on Religion, Culture & Conflict, the Center for Holocaust/Genocide Study and the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, an independent professional theater, as well as the United Methodist Archives and History Center and one of the country’s leading concentrations of materials on Willa Cather.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is subject to a background check.