ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Associate Director will work with primary process owners, functional users, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, IT leaders, and others to understand the business domains, their value streams, technology landscape, gaps, and inefficiencies. The Associate Director will focus on defining solutions that meet current and future business needs in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner. The Associate Director will possess a strong breadth of functional and technical knowledge across business, application, technology, and information architectures and manages personnel. The Associate Director will lead the business and functional analysis of ERP supported functions and assist the Director of Enterprise systems with the oversight for Workday system projects.
· Collaborates with user community and IT staff to identify priorities, needs, and issues
· Deploys strategies and seeks out opportunities to improve customer service, reduce costs related to work processes
· Collaborates and partners with functional lead in determining long-term roadmap for Workday.
· Assists and oversees the planning, implementation, and documentation of all new releases, applications, and upgrades.
· Assists with department goal setting and the preparation of Workday technology plans to leverage or utilize new functionality.
· Ensures data integrity, adherence to best practices, and consistency across the organization.
· Oversees Workday ongoing activities.
· Oversees data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triages and troubleshoots complex user-reported system defects; assists in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
· Coordinates staff activities and manage new releases and weekly updates.
· Meets with the end-user community as well as functional and technical teams.
· Assists in systems and business process support across multiple client engagements.
· Coordinates activities including on-time delivery, testing and production moves.
· Works as the functional-technical liaison on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases as well as adherence to release schedules.
· Responsible for the supervision, and coordinating and overseeing the work of the Business Analyst position. This includes: Monitoring and appraising performance, Planning, assigning and directing work, assisting with task when needed and delegating when necessary, providing training and development as necessary, and addressing and resolving problems and reporting to senior management as necessary.
· Provides leadership that encourages employee productivity and responsiveness. Setting goals and ensuring quality service is delivered.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Working knowledge of application, data, security, and infrastructure.
· Proficiency using database management systems and data management tools as well as specialized software.
· Experience in working both independently and with multi-discipline teams, business stakeholders.
· Team player who can collaborate across business units and IT.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills including documenting visualizing and presenting.
· Excellent leadership skills including collaboration and accountability, requiring minimal supervision.
· Ability to achieve results through influence.
· High attention to detail and strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
· Strong organizational, time management, task management and project planning skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with varied internal and external constituencies demonstrating tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgement.
· Ability to work responsibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to learn, adapt to, and use new computer systems and technology.
· Ability to manage a complex and changing environment.
· Proven ability to motivate, manage, mentor and evaluate staff skills
· Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three (3) years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialization and five (5) years of appropriate experience.
· In-depth experience with Workday cloud-based system or other enterprise systems (e.g. Banner and PeopleSoft) in a university setting.
· Excellent MS Office capabilities.
· Florida State, local governmental or State University experience is desired.
· Proven analytical/technical aptitude evidenced by required years of successful experience.
· Management and training experience.
· Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style.
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully on large projects.
· Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in prior positions.
· Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is full-time, salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $92,317 - $102,575, commensurate with experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.