Auxiliary Services Operations Assistant
Auxiliary Services Operations Assistant
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Closing Date/Time: 9/23/2018
Salary: $3,413.00 - $4,195.00 Monthly
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Auxiliary Services
Performs a variety of customer service and administrative duties related to the College bookstore; oversees the customer service and cashier areas ; performs online order fulfillment in response to internet customers; updates and maintains Auxiliary Service eCommerce web sites and social media sites; prepares correspondence and documents related to area of responsibility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from an assigned supervisor.
Oversees the work of student workers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversees the bookstore's customer service counter; responds to customer requests and inquiries in person, by phone, or email; handles issues and complaints as they arise.
- Responsible to check, respond to, track, and fulfill all internet orders; maintains records of such orders and provides correspondence to students as necessary.
- Develops and proofreads correspondence and memoranda related to area of responsibility. Updates forms, procedures, and information.
- Updates and maintains Auxiliary Services internet eCommerce web site with current information and works with software provider to keep internet site current and working properly; maintains and updates social media sites for Auxiliary Services
- Oversees, trains, and schedules the work of student workers; processes and tracks short-term referrals.
- Assists students in specially funded programs to purchase textbooks and supplies; invoices all such transactions; files and maintains all invoices.
- Receives and screens telephone calls; routes calls to appropriate person; responds to requests and inquiries for students and the public regarding policies and procedures.
- Accumulates, computes, and submits monthly timecards, absence reports and payroll records for staff; tracks hours of permanent intermittent employees.
- Receives screens, sorts, and mail; routes to appropriate staff; sends and receives fax transmissions.
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies; orders supplies as needed.
- Prepares service requests and work orders Auxiliary Services.
- Assists to purchase non-textbook merchandise; assist to determine quantities and types of merchandise to be purchased; evaluates sales histories and stock on hand.
- Assists in periodic merchandise inventories.
- Assists in the oversight of book buyback, refunds, and rental returns.
- Prepares point-of-sale cash registers for daily operation. Resolves register shortages/overages. Secures point of sale daily receipts at the end of the day; resolves vendor point of sale and credit card transmission problems as they occur.
- Assists in daily cash reconciliation in dual custody.
- Ensures that the cashier area is orderly, well stocked, and records are maintained accurately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standard office procedures and equipment.
- Computer and office software applications, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Operation of a point-of-sale cash register.
- Principles of letter writing and correspondence.
- Methods and techniques of effective customer service.
- Principles and practices of filing and recordkeeping.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Independently prepare correspondence and memoranda.
- Organize and schedule work to maximize efficiency.
- Navigate the internet and provide students with help to locate classes and textbooks the bookstore's website.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds; extensive use of computer keyboard; sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Completion of the twelfth grade or the equivalent.
Experience: Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience working in a bookstore environment, preferably in a college bookstore.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency