Assistant Director of Operations for Residential Living
Required: Bachelor's degree; one or more years experience in residence life including live-in experience. Good communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively work with students, co-workers, and parents; standard office machines and computer skills, word processing, spreadsheet, and database. Must be able to work under stress, work independently, and as a team member in a professional manner.
Preferred: Master's Degree in student personnel, higher education, counseling, or related field.
Two or more years prior professional residence life experience with knowledge in student programming and training. Experience in billing and customer services. Bilingual in Spanish or other languages.
o Essential Duties
* Assist with the overall departmental functions of office operations and administrative procedures.
* Supervises and hires student maintenance team.
* Supervises full-time housing maintenance and custodial staff.
* Monitors staff hours, job performance, and effectiveness.
* Completes evaluations as needed for all supervised staff.
* Provide training as needed to all supervised staff.
* Conducts weekly staff meetings with all supervised staff, including one-on-one with staff as needed.
* Works with supervised staff to ensure current and needed inventory is available when needed.
* Manages all billing aspects for residential living students and guests.
* Assists in the assignments process of the residence halls.
* Conducts assignments and waiting lists for all apartment types.
* Judicial conduct officer for all incidents dealing with housing policies.
* Primary contact for Banner and Symplicity issues.
* Works with DARS and HUD for billing issues related to housing.
* Works with Apogee on campus to ensure quality internet service.
* Assists to ensure guest and summer housing accommodations.
* Ensures all rooms are prepared for Move-in.
* Responsible for coordinating the Move-Out process.
* Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and University policies regarding student employment.
o Departmental Leadership, Management, and Administration:
* Participate in processes enacted to set policies and/or develop procedures.
* Assist with goal setting and housing strategic planning.
* Assist in budget planning for the department.
* Assist in the creation and execution of the mission, vision, and goals of the Department.
* Assist in coordinating the Move-In and Move-Out process for residents.
* Communicates university policies to staff and students.
* Conducts monthly Health, Safety, and Risk Management checks in their area.
* Report all maintenance issues in assigned areas and around Residential Living.
* Provide excellent customer service and professionalism to students, parents, and guests.
* Help coordinate the summer conference expectations and duties.
* Serves on the "On-Call" rotation for Residential Living on a rotating week basis.
* Assist in Resident Assistant Staff Selection, Training, and Development.
o Community Development:
* Implement creative and innovative methods of developing connections between residents.
* Encourage an environment where the academic success of residents can be realized.
* Maintain a high visible presence in Residential living to ensure community building, responsible community behavior, and cooperation among residents.
* Assist in the department's response to student conduct cases, roommate conflicts, and other resident concerns.
* Work with other departments on campus to ensure community development for retention.
o Crisis Management:
* Assist staff with the development of relationships with SRSU University Police Department, Physical Plant, Counseling Center, and other offices necessary to manage crisis situations.
* Ensure that staff maintain awareness of campus response protocols and resources.
* Participate in year-round duty rotation that provides support to the staff and residential population.
* Maintain awareness of campus response protocols and resources.
o Secondary Duties:
* Be cross-trained and know the job duties/responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Development for Residential Living to be able to assist when needed.
o Additional Responsibilities:
* Serve on the Sustainability committee.
* Serve on the ADA Committee.
* Serve on other University committees as appointed.
* Complete all needed paperwork and duties on time.
* Other duties as assigned
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times.
Position is Security Sensitive.
Exempt from overtime provisions; irregular hours including evenings and weekends; travel with student groups.
o Two Bedroom, Two Bath Apartment
Fully Furnished (except bed larger than TXL)
In Apartment Washer/Dryer
All Utilities/Internet included.
o Cub Meal Plan
30 Meals a Semester with $100 Lobo Bucks
o Employee and Dependent Tuition Waiver Program
6 credits free for each long semester and 3 credits free for each short semester.
Some conditions do apply.
o Competitive Texas State Benefits package to include:
Optional: Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, TexFlex, 457 Sexa$aver Retirement, and more.
o Counseling Services for Employee and Family
o 14 – 18 University Holidays
o Sick and Annual Leave Time
o Discounted Recreational Sports Center Membership
o Cell Phone compensation included in salary.