Financial Aid Officer
Albion College invites applications for the Financial Aid Officer within Student Financial Services. This position is responsible for the effective and compliant management of significant financial aid programs including understanding the federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies. The qualified candidate will support and deploy policy and procedure development that ensures effective and compliant delivery of funds, articulating those policies and procedures to both internal and external constituents and meeting reporting requirements of the governing bodies. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload with sensitivity and confidentiality. Must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
This position is eligible for full benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement, tuition remission, and campus amenities including free on-site fitness facility, free parking, and access to campus events/performances.
FLSA Classification: Salaried / Exempt / Administrative
Duration: 12 months per year
- Bachelor’s degree required; or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- One to three years of progressive experience within financial aid required
- Bilingual language setting with fluency in reading, writing, speaking and translating in Spanish and English preferred
- Related professional experience in higher education preferred
- Experience with Ellucian’s Banner preferred
Interested candidates should submit an online application including cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references through Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/54953.
Please contact Dr. Rob Kniss ([email protected]) Director of Student Financial Services, for questions about the position or search.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.