Instructor/Ast Professor- Fixed Term
Instructor/Ast Professor- Fixed TermPosition Summary
Michigan State University College of Nursing invites applications for part-time undergraduate teaching positions of Assistant Professor/Instructor. The College of Nursing promotes the health of individuals and communities through excellent educational programs to prepare nurse leaders for practice, research, and education. These are academic year or one semester, part time, fixed term faculty positions.
The position’s primary responsibility is clinical teaching in a variety of healthcare settings while providing educational oversight to undergraduate nursing students. Collaboration with College of Nursing faculty, administrators, agency staff and students is expected. Assignments are based in East Lansing and a variety of mid- and south Michigan locations. All clinical specialties are encouraged to apply.Required Degree
Doctorate -Nursing or related fieldMinimum Requirements
- DNP or PhD in nursing or related field is required for the rank of Assistant Professor and is preferred for rank of Instructor; Master’s degree in Nursing is required.
- Unrestricted RN license without probationary status (or eligible)
- Knowledge of current clinical standards of patient care in practice specialty which support patient quality outcomes
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in specialty area
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience
- Baccalaureate and higher education teaching experience is desired.
Resume and cover letterSpecial Instructions
Review of applications will begin on 9/28/18 and will continue until filled.
Please address curriculum vitae and cover letter to Dr. Anne Thomas, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.Review of Applications Begins On
09/28/2018Summary of Physical Demands
Ability to lift over 25 lbs.Summary of Health Risks
Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other bodily fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
TB risk or work within 3 feet of human patients in a health care setting or have potential exposure to animals or to specimens with Mycobacterium.Website
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.