Grants & Contracts Officer
Sponsored Projects Administration
Location: New Orleans, LA
Performs pre-award and post-award activities for a number of academic departments, centers and programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use the Internet and various word processing, spreadsheet and database software tools such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Highly proficient analytical skills; ability to analyze and interpret federal regulations and complex contractual agreements.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues that pertain to sponsored research
- Strong customer service skills.
Bachelor's degree and 3 year's experience with grants and/or contracts management in higher education, government agency, foundation or non-profit organization
High school diploma/equivalent and 9 year's experience with grants and/or contracts management in higher education, government agency, foundation or non-profit organization
- Demonstrable knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Audits, Uniform Guidance, FFATA, E-Verify, Conflicts of Interest regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with Federal electronic research administration systems such as Grants.gov, FastLane, eRA Commons, FedConnect.
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.