Facilities Services Plant Operations
Location: New Orleans, LA
Prepare, finish, and maintain all surfaces in the Power Plant and auxiliary plants by using recognized procedures and techniques of the painting trade. Erects scaffolding as needed for carrying out duties. Perform general equipment preventive and corrective maintenance, cleaning equipment and equipment rooms, cleaning coils and assisting the HVAC shop personnel to perform HVAC related duties as assigned.
This is an Essential Personnel position which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and also can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY
- Must have knowledge and some experience for all related duties assigned at the painter level in a power plant/machinery type setting
- Physical ability to perform all duties associated with the job. Must be able to work on stepladders from heights of 30 feet or more and able to lift materials up to 45 pounds
- Must be able to perform duties in public places with minimum of disturbance
- Must have good judgment
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends, possibly holidays
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.