Administrative Assistant II
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Administrative Assistant II
Position #00675056 - Posting #14665
NOTE: This list will be used to fill two Administrative Assistant II positions. Both positions are with the Information/Reception areas. One of the positions requires fluency in the Spanish language or be able to converse in the Spanish language.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Administrative Assistant II is to manage and operate the Information/Reception areas. Triage and direct phone in/walk-in inquiries and facilitate efficient and professional patient, student, faculty interaction. Greet and register new patients in axiUm computer program system and print data verification forms for comprehensive care groups, International students groups and financial office. Screen new patients for treatment: interprets and explains policies and procedures for release of School of Dental Medicine records. Schedule all students requested appointments, written correspondence for new patient's screening orientation.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Maintain and retrieve confidential patient records including updating patient information and signatures.
- Facilitate the release of dental records for requesting patients, legal and/or private dental practices.
- Greet patients and monitor patient check-in.
- Register new patient applications in the axiUm computer program system and print data verification forms.
- Work with faculty, students, coordinators and other staff in solving scheduling and/or treatment issues.
- Verify financial information and notify patient if payment is due.
- Greet and assist phone and walk-in customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the 90+ patients seen daily.
- Answer all incoming calls and disseminate appropriately to the correct person or department.
- Handle patient inquiries and provide information regarding dental school policies.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $2,783-$3061.30 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Diversity and Equity
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of Equity by email at [email protected] or by phone at (303) 315-2567.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two years of general clerical experience which includes one year of administrative experience working in a front desk/office setting
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be resident of Colorado at the time of application.
- College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis but not for the one year of specific experience.
- Administrative experience in a medical/dental office/clinic setting
- Dental terminology and codes
- Experience working in a fast pace, high volume dental practice
- Experience using a multi-line phone system
- Experience using a clinical computing program/system
- Experience working with faculty, staff, and students
COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer services skills
- Attention to details
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, and prioritize duties and tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive matters that require discretion and confidentiality
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: September 19, 2018
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20435 - SDM-Dental Clinic Compreh Care
Posting Date: Sep 13, 2018
Closing Date: Sep 19, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Ann Shimamoto
Posting Contact Email: Ann [email protected]
Position Number: 00675056