Assistant Director for Marketing and Communications - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity,
Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Assistant Director or Marketing and Communications is responsible for coordinating, directing and implementing overall communications and marketing strategies for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (OVCDEI) audiences. The Assistant Director will also provide public relations support in all aspects of the OVCDEI operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement marketing and communication strategies to enhance the OVCDEI brand, and ensure message and strategies that are consistent and effective.
- Advise OVCDEI regarding internal and external constituency marketing and communications trends.
- Work with OVCDEI to develop written and oral communications.
- Write, direct, develop, edit, review, prioritize, and publish a broad-based series of departmental communications to include print materials, multi-media, social media, and web pages for various audiences. Oversee and directs copywriting, editing, design, layout, and production of all print and video promotional materials, social media, and the OVCDEI websites.
- Update website content.
- Create and edit an e-newsletter. Execute day-to-day social media engagements.
- Measure social media analytics and reports, evaluate existing print and electronic materials, and redesign or create new materials to meet changing needs. This may include graphics, charts, informational flyers, print and digital materials, email campaigns, and web-based applications.
- Serve as the contact for media inquiries and respond for student crisis management, if appropriate.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships across divisions at the University of Illinois.
- Ensure departmental and university branding standards are followed.
- Serve on campus committees, when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, advertising, Journalism, communications or related field.
- A minimum of three years of related marketing/communications work experience. Experience working in a complex university setting or business organization.
- Strong commitment to diversity and proven ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders. Strong leadership, administrative, and presentation skills, including oral and written communications. Ability to be self-motivated, work independently, exercise good judgement and prioritize tasks.
- Master's Degree
The Assistant Director or Marketing and Communications is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
In order to ensure full consideration, please complete a candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and submit a letter of application, resume, names and contact information of at least three references, and provide three writing samples that demonstrate an understanding of content marketing, higher education editorial work, plus examples of social media posting by September 27, 2018.
Contact Information: For more information about the position, please contact: Tracy Kleparski at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Title: Assistant Director for Marketing and Communications - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (102337)
Open Date: 09/13/2018
Organization Name: Vice Chancellor for Diversity