Requisition # 2018-9288
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Office of Finance & Treasury seeks a customer service professional for the role of Account Representative in the Student Accounts function within the Bursar's office. The Account Representative provides customer service to students, parents, and others regarding the Student Account bill and assists with general Student Account administration. The position also supports the administration and collection of other Bursar programs such as the Tuition Installment Plan, Retiree Medical Benefits, Monthly Payment Plan, Graduate Summer Housing, Graduate Emergency Loans, and several reconciliation receivables.
In addition to providing front line service, the Account Representative participates in receivable reconciliation and database administration tasks.
This is a one-year term position.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
- Monitor the Student Account customer service email and telephone line. Provide timely responses to inquiries regarding Student Account activity and balances due. Engage with campus departments and others to mediate issues regarding activity on an account.
- Assist students and families with navigating the online electronic billing and payment services.
- Complete tuition related forms such as the Canadian Tax and UN Forms. Process student enrollment verifications submitted by scholarship donors or other universities.
- Generate payment history reports and other installment plan documents upon request.
- Assist retirees with the administration of their online medical benefits account and respond to inquiries regarding payment and charge activity. Work with Human Resources and others to resolve billing issues.
- Provide general office and telephone support.
- Process Student Accounts adjustments and balance transfers.
- Validate the release of student refunds and data enter the requests in the supporting receivable system.
- Complete documentation to accompany daily cashier deposits.
- Review summer study abroad program information and enter transactions to support billing.
- Validate and post daily Medical Benefits interfaces received from Human Resources and a third-party payment processor.
- Assists with delinquency administration and collection related activities.
- Validate database activity to posting backups; reconcile differences.
- Track receivable activity for monthly general ledger reconciliation and verification.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding entries. Provide supporting documents and reports.
- Assists with the reconciliation of external scholarship pledges.
- High School diploma
- 1 to 3 years of customer service and related account administration experience.
- Has a basic level of proficiency in the use of MS Office products including Word, Excel, and intermediate proficiency with Outlook mail.
- College Degree in Business or related field
- Experience working with an enterprise Student Accounts system in a college or university setting.
- Accounting or reconciliation related work experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.