Media Communications Coordinator - Customer Relations and Communications (101923)
MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Facilities and Services Customer Relations & Communications Department
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Customer Relations & Communications department of Facilities and Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign is accepting applications for the position of Media Communications Coordinator. The will be responsible for creating, writing, editing, designing, and producing F&S multimedia content for organizational and campus distribution methods and platforms.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles of Facilities & Services.
- Work closely with the Manager of Communications and External Relations and Associate Director of Facilities & Services, Customer Relations and Communications, to develop original content as part of F&S strategic communications.
- Conceptualize, write, edit, and produce content for fact sheets, handouts, brochures, executive summaries, newsletters, quarterly reports, and the annual report.
- Create internal messages for employees.
- Develop and update content for the organization's internet, intranet, and social media accounts.
- Assist with basic graphic design projects.
- Tell the organizational story and enhance the unit's reputation and image by creating and adapting materials for traditional and new media.
- Support and document F&S activities that achieve university strategic goals and facilitate engagement with the campus community.
- Contribute to and participate in the creative process as an innovative and enthusiastic member of the F&S communications team.
- Assist with planning and management of F&S customer and staff events and forums.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree; experience in producing informational content for various platforms and audiences; ability to write clear, concise, accurate, and impactful copy while working as part of a team environment; excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; and the ability to prioritize work and meet project deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Knowledge of communications, production and delivery methods.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, or a related field. Work in an alternative field will be considered depending on the experience as it relates to this position. Familiarity with graphic design software and a basic understanding of creating concepts and layouts is a plus. Copy editing background and understanding of content management systems and website development review and research, social media account management and strategy develop.
To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and the names/contact information for three professional references by September 27, 2018. The start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Anna Ratcheva-Staneva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, Academic Professional position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Title: Media Communications Coordinator - Customer Relations and Communications (101923)
Open Date: 09/13/2018
Close Date: 09/27/2018
Organization Name: Customer Relations and Communications