Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Galva, IL (103203)
Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension
Units 7 & 10 Cluster - Galva, IL (Henry County - Unit 7)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Office Support Assistant works under general supervision to organize coordinate and perform a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of general office and university procedures and methods, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer systems, such Microsoft Office and Quicken, and university based software packages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as receptionist, with responsibility for obtaining and providing information related to various program areas, University policies, and office procedures to Extension staff and general public
- Receives visitors, answers, transfers, and tracks telephone calls, refers inquires to appropriate staff members, or responds to calls with factual information provided by UIE
- Opens and reviews incoming mail, routes mail to appropriate staff and processes outgoing mail.
- Keyboards and/or transcribes materials from rough draft to final form, with responsibility for grammar, spelling, and general presentation
- Maintains files of 4-H clubs' enrollment, prepares premium reports and project materials
- Orders 4-Hi publications and office supplies
- Composes and keyboards letters of a routine, factual nature regarding Extension programming areas
- Assists in management of 4-H enrollment, show registration and reporting process utilizing4-H DMS program
- Initiates vouchers, maintains cash accounts, prepares deposit slips and prepares forms and checks for deposits in UIE accounts as instructed
- Responsible for a variety of Extension accounts, reconciliations an audit preparation
- Maintain county mailing lists; adds and drops names from master lists without detailed review
- Maintains subject matter files of Extension pamphlets, brochures, newsletters and related materials; provides materials to educators and the public upon request
- Answers both oral and written inquiries, providing standard information related to various program areas, University policies, and office procedures
- Assists in training new employees, extra help and volunteers in use of office equipment
- Arranges meetings and conference within established and defined guidelines
- Posts and maintains multiple accounts and records and conduct cash sales
- Complies with all Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of University of Illinois Extension work; assists Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports
- Other duties as assigned
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or combination totaling six (6) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing simple, repetitive clerical/office support activities, including use of computer systems
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
12 semester hours = six (6) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum
24 semester hours = six (6) months
For more information about this classification:
This Office Support Assistant position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.08 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT-OS ASSISTANT- GALVA (HENRY). Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Galva, IL (103203)
Open Date: 09/13/2018
Close Date: 10/17/2018
Organization Name: Unit 07