Interior Decorator II - University Housing (103193)
Interior Decorator II
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees in the Interior Decorator II classification are responsible for all planning, design, drafting, and specification preparation for the decoration of building interiors. They also exercise control over the installation of interior decoration work done by outside firms.
An Interior Decorator II typically -
1. is responsible for the final preparation of drawings, estimates, and specification studies for the decoration of building interiors
2. provides overall direction in the preparation of reports and recommendations on specific interior decoration problems
3. directs the work of outside firms employed for specific projects
4. confers with administrative and other interested personnel regarding projects
5. in conference with various departments, makes final decisions in approving designs, drawings, and choosing of furniture and/or equipment as required by the design change
6. provides final direction for the purchase of furniture and furnishings from capital appropriations
7. provides means for the checking of new and completed projects and maintenance of complete files on furnishings, samples, and other related items
8. is responsible for preparing and maintaining budgetary allocations and expenditures
9. provides overall direction in the planning and implementation of policies, procedures, methods, and objectives of interior decoration work as required by various departments
10. performs other related duties as assigned
1. (A) graduation from an accredited school of interior design
(B) Bachelor's degree in interior design, architectural design, or fine and applied arts
2. five years of professional experience in interior decoration work, including responsible participation in design, specification preparation, and supervision
For more information about this classification:
This Interior Decorator II position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $18.55 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Interior Decorator II. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Housing
Title: Interior Decorator II - University Housing (103193)
Open Date: 09/13/2018
Close Date: 09/18/2018
Organization Name: Housing Division