Food Service Manager
Food Service Manager
Food Service Manager
Dining-Residential - 163720
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon-Thurs 7am - 8pm, Fri. 7am - 7pm weekends and overtime as necessary
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. Our future plans include a bakery and farm on campus to provide as many sustainable options as possible. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Dining Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Food Service Manager to join our team.
The Food Service Manager is an entry-level management position that involves the preparation and serving of food in the Champs Hall Dining area. The Food Service Manager is responsible for the quality and quantity of food, and for the general appearance and sanitary cleanliness of the unit. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting with daily operations; inspects, preps, tests, and evaluates all food quality and appearance.
* Assist with development of menus and recipes.
* Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates to employees.
* Evaluates procedures and policies to ensure efficient and effective operations.
* Assist with ordering, requisition, inventory of food items and supplies.
* Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises salaried and hourly staff.
* Supervise in sanitation and cleaning of kitchen.
* Participation with development of evaluation goals, objectives, organizational plans and special projects.
* Supports and practices the University and Dining/Retail Services commitment to service.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Food Service Manager II
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate's Degree in related field and two years of experience in food service management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge of food preparation and food service management in a large food service unit, employee health, kitchen cleanliness, and sanitation requirements, hazards to human life and health that can occur from improper food preservation and service, kitchen equipment, kitchen implements, and advanced food preparation and processing procedures.
* Skill in the preparation and service of food, and service etiquette.
* Skill in training, supervising, and evaluating the work of subordinates.
* Ability to maintain time and cash receipts records.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Rigidity with compliance to documented service and production standards.
* Ability to identify and seek help when needed.
Required: Must be Food Safe Certified or able to obtain certification within 6 months.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting