Manager of Customer Relations - Customer Relations and Communications, Facilities and Services (100
MANAGER OF CUSTOMER RELATIONS
Facilities and Services Customer Relations & Communications Department
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Customer Relations & Communications department of Facilities and Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign is accepting applications for the position of Manager of Customer Relations. The position will be responsible for seeking customer feedback, communicating information, and providing educational sessions to facility managers.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles of Facilities & Services.
2. Work with the Associate Director of Facilities & Services, Customer Relations & Communications (CRC), division directors and business unit managers; identify customers' information needs, provide recommendations for strategies to meet those needs, and manage/execute programs with available technologies.
3. Assist with the Customer Service Initiative including focus groups, Customer Forums and open house events as needed.
4. Manage customer complaint resolution services; perform fact-finding, review and investigation, and formulate solutions/recommendations.
5. Coordinate facility manager communications, training and informational sessions for campus customers.
6. Represent the needs of campus customers when assisting the director in the review and formulation of new policies and procedures to provide insight into possible effects on customer relations.
7. Develop and manage formal customer survey efforts/feedback mechanisms; identify need, develop and implement mechanisms or tools, and report on results.
8. Articulate the organization's brand and enhance its reputation with campus customers.
9. Assist in overseeing integrated marketing and communication efforts including print, web, social media, video production, project communications, presentations, event planning, and community engagement as related to campus customers.
10. Identify trends and recurring issues; recommend and develop strategies for improving F&S customer communications.
11. Responsible for hiring and overseeing staff, establish performance goals; coach and share best practices; Guide, collaborate, and coordinate with the communications staff; assist the Manager of Communications & External Relations with media relations as needed.
12. Represent F&S with professionalism, including exhibiting a calm demeanor in all situations.
13. Build and maintain relationships with campus customers, liaison between customers and unit.
14. Participate in other departmental projects and special assignments as requested.
Required: Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in a customer service field
Preferred: Minimum of three years' experience in a customer service field. Experience in Customer Relationship Management and Communications. Copy editing background. Experience with content management systems. Ability to work independently and meet quick deadlines. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and the names/contact information for three professional references by September 27, 2018. The start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Anna Ratcheva-Staneva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, Academic Professional position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Title: Manager of Customer Relations - Customer Relations and Communications, Facilities and Services (100059)
Open Date: 09/13/2018
Close Date: 09/27/2018
Organization Name: Customer Relations and Communications