Director of Budget and Resource Planning - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity, and
Director of Budget and Resource Planning
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (OVCDEI) seeks applicants for the position of Director of Budget and Resource Planning. The Director of Budget and Resource Planning provides administrative and managerial support for the planning, budgeting and management of financial resources in the OVCDEI. This position reports to the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and provides management information for planning and decision-making, serves as a resource for college and unit administrators on a variety of fiscal matters, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the effective use of resources and minimization of expenses.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead overall coordination of business operations for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusions' (OVCDEI) annual financial planning activities including budget development and salary planner.
- Assist the OVCDEI in developing an annual budget as well as develop long-term financial forecasts.
- Serve as a primary advisor to the OVCDEI regarding overall budgeting and finance systems.
- Complete procurement processes, including purchase orders and University credit card purchases.
- Review and approve TEM and P-Card transactions for compliance with university policy and appropriate use of funds.
- Develop and implement business policies and procedures to complete financial processes and produce records to ensure sound business controls for the division.
- Work with various offices, including the Office of Business and Financial Services, Campus Budget Office, Purchasing, Payables, etc., to gather information and process various business transactions.
- Review and prepare financial documents and reports in response to internal and external requests and ensure compliance.
- Manage and review units' monthly and quarterly budget variations and preparation of variance reporting for distribution to operating management.
- Prepare year-end close processes.
- Prepare various ad hoc financial reports.
- Serve on campus committees, when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in a related finance/business field and have a minimum of three years of related finance/business work experience. Strong commitment to diversity and proven ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders. Strong leadership, administrative, and presentation skills, including oral and written communications. Effective organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to be self-motivated, work independently, exercise good judgement and prioritize tasks. Experience working in a complex university setting or business organization.
Preferred: Master's Degree and experience working with financial systems including Banner, My UI-Financials TEM, and P-card. Experience working in a university setting.
The Director of Budget and Resource Planning position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
In order to ensure full consideration, please complete a candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by September 27, 2018.
Contact Information: For further information regarding application procedures, contact Heidi Johnson at email@example.com or 217-333-0885.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Title: Director of Budget and Resource Planning - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (102249)
Open Date: 09/13/2018
Organization Name: Vice Chancellor for Diversity