Coordinator, Advancement Operations
Requisition # 2018-9282
Department Adv-Advancement Operations
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
This role supports the Assistant Vice President for Advancement Operations with an additional special focus on human resource functions, including centralized onboarding and training activities. This position plays a key role in providing a consistent and positive experience for new staff as they transition into University Advancement. The role requires strong inter-personal skills, a strong commitment to confidentiality and discretion, initiative, good judgment, and strong written and oral communications skills.
The Coordinator for Advancement Operations is a member of the Advancement Operations team within the Office of University Advancement. Advancement Operations partners with Alumni Affairs and the Office of Development, promoting integration, ensuring effective resource management, and providing a strong technological and informational foundation.
- Provides general administrative support including calendar maintenance, scheduling meetings, and organizing and maintaining files
- Prepares agendas, meeting notes and other materials and departmental documentation as necessary
- Maintains departmental vacation schedule and calendars, tracks staff time-off and regularly distributes reports of vacation balances
- Collaborates with cross-functional team members on projects and assignments as needed
- Responsible for facilitating new hire onboarding process to ensure a positive transition into the organization; and comprehensive staff exiting process with departmental interfaces to ensure a smooth process and completion of all necessary tasks; maintains internal files related to hiring
- Supports Operations training initiatives with identification and presentation of vendor and Association webinars, development of training materials including coordinating input from subject matter experts, ensuring consistency in formatting and presentation, producing and editing written documents, presentation files and other training materials; presenting in training sessions as appropriate
- Monitors and tracks compliance with annual processes such as performance reviews
- Prepares documentation regarding, and shares, hiring best practices with hiring managers and departmental administrative contacts
- Acts as an internal resource on central University training opportunities (e.g. HR Learning & Development, OIT, etc.) and promotes as appropriate
- Monitors departmental budgets, including travel, conferences and training, supplies and miscellaneous departmental administration
- Makes travel arrangements as needed and regularly prepares expense reports using Princeton systems
- Works with the AVP to ensure events are high quality, inclusive, meet objectives and are on-budget
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 3 - 5 years of relevant practical experience required, prior experience in an educational or fundraising setting, or in a human resources capacity a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation; ability to develop and foster relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Sound problem-solving, data-gathering and organizational skills
- Experience in developing and delivering training or other presentation material preferred
- Ability to function in a busy environment, to handle several projects simultaneously, to accommodate shifting business needs and priorities, and to meet deadlines; flexibility and proven ability to be proactive and to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions based on established policies and procedures in supervisor's absence
- Prior experience in handling communications with senior administrators a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise level reporting systems, databases and/or CRM systems a plus
- Knowledge of Princeton University a plus
- Sense of humor is a plus
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.