RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Research Technician -
Department of Cell Biology and Regeneration Next Initiative We are seeking a highly qualified individual with extensive experience in molecular biology and cell biology. Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)-based experiment and data analysis is preferred, but not required. The main research area of our group is developing cutting-edge high-throughput NGS- and CRISPR/Cas9-based functional genomics tools and using these tools to study tissue regeneration and cancer development. The position will be situated in a stimulating environment that provides excellent opportunities for scientific growth in the pursuit of a variety of careers. For more information about our lab: https://www.cellbio.duke.edu/yarui-diao Principal
• Perform standard cell- and molecular-based assays (Western blot, immunostaining, FACS,PCR, cell transfection, molecular cloning, stem cell culture and differentiation and others).
• Perform NGS-based assays and prepare libraries for RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, 4C-seq, Hi-C, CRISPR/Cas9 screening. • Follow prescribed laboratory methods and protocols
• Record laboratory data in the in-house data management system(s)
• Regularly present and discuss data with laboratory staff and program leaders
• Assist PI to manage the day-to-day activities within the lab, and implement new technologies as needed.
• Help to build up a brand new lab at Duke!
• Bachelors degree in biology, physiology, veterinary medicine, medicine, or other relevant areas of biomedical sciences.
• Technical proficiency and collaborative ability as well as independent thought.
• In-depth knowledge of multiple areas and of the underlying principles and concepts.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least 3 references to email@example.com
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.