Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications
Gleacher Center – Downtown
30349 Bus-Exec MBA North America
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications is an integral part of Chicago Booth's Executive MBA global Marketing & Admissions team. The primary goal of this position is to create and employ a range of marketing communications strategies used to attract prospective students to the program globally, and convert program inquiries to applicants.
- Oversees the global Editorial Board, managing the global email communications plan, measuring and optimizing email performance and creating emails in Slate.
- Sets the organic and paid global Executive MBA social media strategy including content planning, setting KPIs and determining targets for growth YOY.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Admissions Directors on advertising campaign strategy and implementation; executes a broad range of advertising activities on social media platforms.
- Serves as co-editor of Executive MBA Program Blog, working with admissions teams to source and edit stories, track performance and plan content strategy.
- Ensures that global marketing collateral follows Chicago Booth branding guidelines and design concepts developed specifically for the Executive MBA Program.
- Works closely with Chicago Booth's Central Marketing team to collaborate on marketing projects.
- Leads Executive MBA design projects and graphic creation.
- Tracks email, social media, blog KPIs and other performance indicators for global monthly metrics report.
- Works with Executive MBA program team to develop collateral and communications for student-facing events and initiatives.
- Serves an integral role in developing and executing ad hoc global program initiatives (such as the 75th Anniversary Campaign).
- Oversees a team of alumni social media ambassadors to support and further the Chicago Booth brand.
- Creates and edits video projects with outside vendors.
- Maintains weekly website updates and enhancements.
- Serves as Executive MBA Program lead to Social Media Council.
- Keeps up to date with the latest in content strategy trends, engagement models and works to inform global team of best practices.
- Keeps up to date with the latest in social media trends, engagement models, and works to inform global team of best practices.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, concentration in marketing or communications-related area preferred.
- Minimum three years of marketing or related experience required.
- Previous experience work with diverse and geographically dispersed collaborators preferred.
- Digital marketing experience preferred.
- Experience managing a yearly advertising budget preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Exceptional English language skills – particularly business copy writing and editing required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of content creation and social media tactics required.
- Knowledge of social media campaign manager and advertising platforms required.
- Strong design skills preferred.
- Strong project management skills, a high degree of organization and professionalism required.
- A creative thinker who is able to meet deadlines required.
- An interest in issues affecting global business and global business education preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work evening and weekends when needed or cover events outside of normal work hours required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/