Assistant/Associate Professor in "Flux Metabolomics"
Open date: September 10th, 2018
Next review date: December 1st, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: January 31st, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Cancer Research Institute, University of California, Irvine
Faculty Positions, Multi-Department Initiative in Cancer Metabolism
The Cancer Research Institute at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is partnering with three of UCI's top basic science departments, Biological Chemistry, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, on a research initiative in Cancer Metabolism. Faculty positions will be filled in each of the following areas: 1) a cancer biologist with experience in "Flux Metabolomics", 2) a structural biologist with a focus on "Nutrient Sensing", and 3) a chemoproteomics expert focused on "Drug Discovery & Action". These positions will be appointed in one of three tenure track series at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor depending upon the specifications of each position (see below). Successful candidates will join a dynamic, collaborative program in cancer metabolism within the nationally recognized Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center - one of 49 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the U.S. Strong candidates with a PhD or MD/PhD degree and an outstanding postdoctoral track record of top-tier publications in cancer biology and metabolism are encouraged to apply to one of the following:
1) Assistant/Associate Professor in "Flux Metabolomics": https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04908
• The Department of Biological Chemistry in the School or Medicine is seeking candidates with expertise in Cancer Metabolism (mechanisms, regulation, and consequences of tumor cell metabolism including oncogenic metabolic adaptations and therapeutic vulnerabilities) and experience with Flux Metabolomics. More information and guidance to applicants is available here.
2) Assistant Professor in "Nutrient Sensing": https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04912
• The Department of Molecular Biology & Biochemistry in the School of Biological Sciences is seeking candidates with expertise in structural biology and, ideally, in structure-guided drug discovery, to work in the area of membrane-bound and/or large, dynamic complexes involved in eukaryotic nutrient sensing. While the candidate need not have expertise in Cryo-EM, competitive candidates will have an interest in collaborating with newly-hired Cryo-EM faculty. More information and guidance to applicants is available here.
3) Assistant Professor in "Drug Discovery & Action": https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04906
• The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences is seeking candidates with expertise in chemoproteomics applied to drug discovery research. Applicants employing chemoproteomics specifically to profile activities in living cells, to identify targets for drug development, or to optimize the actions of existing drugs are preferred. Additional consideration will be given to applicants developing small-molecule probes to interrogate and control cancer metabolism. The candidate will have a PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related discipline. More information and guidance to applicants is available here.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YPuGjzO1H-JUfvtYGq2MSB1lyAYMKGPekzlluU8SNho/edit?usp=sharing
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Publications - Please submit 3 to 4 publications
- 3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now