Digital Marketing Administrator (Computer Programmer/Analyst 1), UCP 6
Job Title: Digital Marketing Administrator (Computer Programmer/Analyst 1), UCP 6
Job ID: 2019093
Location: Storrs Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Digital Marketing Administrator. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing, the primary duties of this position will be to support the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in building, developing, and testing HTML emails in Slate (CRM); updating and maintaining web content on the office's websites; and creating and maintaining form and event templates in Slate. This role will be expected to apply expertise and knowledge of email development and design as well as web content management and responsive web design to support the needs and expectations of our targeted audiences. This individual will also research and stay apprised of emerging technologies, techniques and trends in the web and email development industry. Time management, ability to communicate clearly, and attention to detail are must-have skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with designing and developing HTML marketing emails, assuring maximum readability throughout devices.
- Assists with analyzing the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Assists with supporting existing department websites, which are built in Drupal and hosted on Acquia. Duties mainly consist of content management; however, some basic front-end development may be required.
- Collaborates with members of the systems team to leverage effectively the capabilities of the CRM system (Slate) as well as assists in maintaining Slate's webforms, marketing emails, events, etc.
- Develops queries and reports in Slate CRM.
- Demonstrates the ability to clean and verify data.
- Assists with devising a comprehensive testing plan for testing population and recipient queries in Slate, using actual or sample input data, to verify proper performance and efficiency of operation.
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team of designers, copywriters and others.
- Understands project objectives, gathers project requirements, and designs digital-based solutions to accomplish objectives.
- Prepares documentation to guide application users and provides training for users as required.
- Confers with University Communications and Associate Director of Marketing and Events on all University brand standards.
- Assists in admissions and enrollment programs such as the University-wide Open House as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Media and Design, Computer Science or related field and at least one year of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of HTML5 and CSS.
- Experience in developing HTML emails.
- Experience in Responsive Web Design (RWD) techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical reasoning and logical problem solving.
- Basic knowledge of desktop applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Job history indicating growth and development in the field.
- Experience in working in Drupal CMS.
- Familiarity with Slate CRM.
- Familiarity with SASS and/or LESS
- Knowledge of managing web, file, and application server environments.
This is a full-time, permanent position anticipated to begin in late October. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
For full consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Applicants not submitting all of the requested documentation will not be considered further in the application process.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019093)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on September 27, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations