Student Services Associate (Registrar's Office)
Requisition Number STA - 201000000663
Job Title Student Services Associate (Registrar's Office)
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Student Services Associate (Registrar's Office).
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This position is responsible for overseeing and supervising an area of the Office of the Registrar which may include: general Registrar services; transfer articulation; degree audit coordination; graduation processing; Veteran and athletic certification; degree verifications; or other specialized support within the Office of the Registrar.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling, reporting, and evaluation of services offered.
- Enforcing policies pertaining to assigned function.
- Maintaining security of materials and facilities.
- Interpreting and communicating a broad range of policy and procedural information to students, former students, faculty, staff, and all of campus community.
- Preparing, analyzing, and monitoring reports and maintaining statistical data in assigned area.
- Completing special assignments, projects, and tasks as requested.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and one year of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or communication; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, specifically the Student Records module.
- Experience with Degree Audit processes/ maintaining a database of course equivalencies and the creation of new degree plans, minors, and certificates in PeopleSoft.
- Experience evaluating and processing course substitutions and academic exceptions.
- Experience evaluating transfer credit, credit by exam, and military credit.
- Experience in the planning of a large commencement ceremony.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)