SOFTWARE ENGINEER, Hariri Institute
Software engineers at the Hariri Institute for Computing contribute to a variety of cutting-edge computational and data-driven research efforts while developing their skills in the latest technologies within a professional software engineering environment. The projects undertaken by Hariri Institute software engineers have tangible and direct impacts on academic research, public service, and industry partners in healthcare, finance, and technology. As a cybersecurity expert, you will work within an agile team building prototypes and production-quality open source libraries, applications, and systems that provide stronger security benefits in domains such as trustworthy distributed computing (blockchains and secure multi-party computation), software-defined networking/clouds, and systems security at the OS, firmware, and hardware layers. This role provides the flexibility to identify and prioritize efforts and to shape the long-term vision of our research agenda. In addition to working with other professional software engineers, you have the opportunity to collaborate with researchers at Boston University and beyond who are nationally respected as leaders in their corresponding areas of research. Additionally, we expect you to take advantage of opportunities to develop new skills in almost every project and enjoy tackling diverse challenges in a flexible work environment, and to mentor software engineer interns. The Hariri Institute for Computing catalyzes, enables, and supports interdisciplinary research efforts across Boston University.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- One to three years of academic or professional experience.
- Significant experience with contemporary programming languages.
- Experience with modern relational database technologies, NoSQL, and MapReduce/Hadoop.
- Hands on experience with cloud computing services.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- Exposure to APIs and other web services within integrated applications.
- Exceptional ability and motivation to learn fast and solve problems.
- A passion to impact science and society, and strong desire to work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have significant responsibilities.
BOSTON, United States