SENIOR ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT FINANCIAL PLANNING AND RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
SENIOR ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT FINANCIAL PLANNING AND RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Posting Number: SRGV3544
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: Office of the EVP for Finance and Administration
Scope of Job:
Provide leadership and coordination of the centralized financial planning and fiscal management functions for the University. Serve as the principal consultant and advisor to the Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration on all fiscal and associated strategic management issues, and serves as the central point of communication between the University and various internal and external constituents regarding strategic funding and related public policy.
Description of Duties:
• Leads and participates in efforts guiding and supporting the University’s strategic financial processes; advises on financial initiatives, cost analyses and budget forecasting and allocations; oversees institutional activities pertaining to the development of revenue streams and implements University strategic initiatives and priorities as identified by the Executive VP for Finance and Administration, the President, and other leaders.
• Supports the University community in accomplishing its goals by providing senior level leadership for the development, planning and allocation of financial resources, and providing analysis and information services to enhance University decision-making, planning, and policy formation.
• Develops and implements new revenue incentive models that benefit all levels of the organization.
• Creates entrepreneurial, forward thinking collaborative approaches to capture an increased share of the growing population in the region.
• Develops an understanding and familiarity with Texas higher education - formula funding model, performance based funding, legislative budgeting and appropriation processes.
• Advises the executive management on short- and long-term goals related to state funding and public policy initiatives.
• Develops along with the Office of Strategic Analysis and Institutional Reporting (SAIR) and other key stakeholders, data analytics, dashboards and scorecards to measure and incentivize performance.
• Establishes processes, procedures, and services to improve the development of the university’s state funding outcomes, including improving state support for research and Medical School.
• Develops and implements long-range planning and timely and accurate reporting on issues related to state funding requests, particularly related to formula funding and capital funding (tuition revenue bonds) in collaboration with university divisions and departments as well as the UT System Administration, as appropriate.
• Provides leadership and guidance to the Office of Planning and Analysis and the Office of Financial Services.
• Provides expert guidance in the financial and budget areas and critical support to colleges, schools, and administrative organizations in all areas of budgets and fiscal planning.
• Leads the financial institutional analysis functions by providing quantitative analyses and predictive models that support the planning activities of the University administration.
• Provides the University decision-makers with budget and policy research needed to inform policy choices and provides fiscal analyses any topic, which may impact future institutional funding.
• Directs activities associated with the security and investment of the organization’s assets and funds, and ensures that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet organization short- and long-term objectives, and regulatory body requirements.
• Oversees the preparation of annual operating budgets and the annual financial report.
• Ensures the development and monitoring of internal financial controls.
• Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, generally accepted accounting principles, and reporting requirements.
• Develops short and long-range plans, conceptual designs, budget requirements and documentation for assigned area.
• Oversees and participates in the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
• Investigates and maintains current best practices and planning resources shown to improve and accelerate fiscal stability within Higher Education.
• Recommends and participates in the development of university policies and procedures; serves on university planning and policy-making committees.
• May serve as legislative liaison, as appropriate to the topic; providing information to bill sponsors, reviewing legislation, and informing management of legislative funding proposals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration.
Associate Vice President for Planning and Analysis, Associate Vice President for Financial Services.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a closely related field.
Master’s degree from an accredited university in an applicable field.
Eight (8) years of related professional experience, including leadership experience within fiscal management in Higher Education or closely related field and knowledgeable about state and federal mandates.
Familiarity with Texas higher education funding formula and legislative budgeting and appropriations processes.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/05/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19147
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency