BOND PROGRAM MANAGER
BOND PROGRAM MANAGER
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1800089
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Transcript Bachelor's Degree (Must include Award/Confer Date)
CLASSIFIED MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY
First Review Date:
$116,187 - $137,690 Annual Salary (Range M26: Management Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2017-2018). Starting salary placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Manager, Supervisor, and Confidential employees also receive 22 vacation days, 18 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
The Bond Program Managers report to the Director of Facilities at the District Office. This is full time, 12 months per year, classified management position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee and participate in the development of the facilities construction work plan; assign work activities and projects; monitor work progress; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures. 2. Work closely with College faculty, staff, and administrators on the review, prioritization and implementation of Facility Master Plan; insure that project design and construction meet the needs and expectations of the educational programs and services. May assist in the preparation of updates of the Facility Master Plan and District Standards. 3. Prepare the facility construction budget and assist in the budget implementation; participate in the cost estimates and forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies. 4. Monitor construction projects, maintain and initiate schedule changes as necessary; coordinate and review the work of architects and other contractors to assure timely completion of projects. 5. Provide support for the project timelines, bid specifications, drawings, and bid packages for contracted work; support the review of bids; ensure that contracts and other documents are completed prior to the initiation of the project. 6. Manage and coordinate the work of the bond construction program and construction management consultants; communicate with college and district constituent groups for a smooth project implementation. 7. Review architectural drawings for errors, omissions, and problems; initiate design changes to correct and improve. 8. Represent the District in the negotiations with consultants, contractors, and government agencies such as State of California Division of the State Architect (DSA) and California Geological Survey (CGS). 9. Participate in the evaluation of potential consultants and/or contractors; supervise personnel that work directly with architects and engineers. 10. Provide leadership in obtaining/exceeding Board of Trustee outreach goals for participation of minority, women and disabled veteran owned businesses. 11. Prepare or provide guidance on the preparation of the more complex/controversial contract modifications and claims; compile and analyze material pertaining to the changes and claims 12. Research and prepare various reports, graphs, charts, and critical path method schedules, and forms. 13. Assist in developing the District’s Five-Year Capital Outlay Construction Plan, Annual Facility Space Inventory, and Capital Outlay Budget Change Proposals for State funding of projects. 14. Assist in developing the District’s Five-Year Scheduled Maintenance program and submitting funding proposals for specific projects to the State. 15. Assure compliance with the District’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Hazardous Materials Business Plans, and other programs related to safety and environmental regulations. 16. Ensure that the District meets regulatory requirements; establish local policies and procedures; conform to Federal, State and local regulations while continuing operation. 17. Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS Knowledge: 1. Project and construction management. 2. Hazardous materials regulations, contract law, and Office of Regulation Services policies. 3. Uniform Building Code (UBC), California Architectural Barriers Laws (CALABL), California Occupational Safety and Health Act (CALOSHA), American with Disabilities Act (ADA). 4. Legal and practical aspects of project design, bidding, management, and “close-out” of construction contracts. 5. Generally accepted construction principles and practices as related to public works and schools. 6. California Public Contracts Code and Education Code. 7. Methods, practices, equipment, supplies used in facility maintenance and construction; building and safety regulations. 8. State labor laws, including Workers’ Compensation and other related statutes. 9. Policies and procedures related to community college and funding, 10. Budget preparation and administration. 11. Principles of project management and supervision. Skills and Abilities: 1. Lead and direct projects to successful completion in a timely manner. 2. Coordinate activities of multiple professional consultants and teams. 3. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including writing complex proposals. 4. Prepare and interpret plans and specifications; estimate costs of maintenance and construction projects. 5. Manage and evaluate major construction and renovation projects effectively. 6. Present information to various groups and in different settings. 7. Prepare project schedules using MS Project, P6 or other scheduling software. 8. Knowledge of Project Management Institute best practices for management of design and construction projects.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Three years administrative experience in a related field (program management, construction, architecture or engineering services, etc.).
3. Public construction experience.
4. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
5. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Email: [email protected]
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency