Assistant Database Administrator
Assistant Database Administrator
Chemeketa Community College welcomes applications for a full-time Assistant Database Administrator
Assist database administrator with college-level technology projects and provide analysis and guidance for college-wide, departmental, and team-level standards in accordance with college policy and business goals.
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2018
You would be challenged to find a college that matters more to its community than Chemeketa means to the residents of Oregon’s Mid-Willamette Valley. If you can affirm our mission to provide opportunities for students to explore, learn, and succeed through quality educational experiences and workforce training, then Chemeketa will be a rewarding workplace to fulfill your potential and contribute your expertise.
The Community We Serve
Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, with approximately 29,000 students enrolled from a diversity of backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Polk center, Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid-Willamette Valley and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small portion of Linn County. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest single concentration of citizens.
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students, staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.
What We Have to Offer
The college also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage (subject to employee and college collective bargaining agreements). Other benefits also include generous vacation/holidays as well as: life, and disability insurance and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) or Oregon Public Services Retirement Plan (OPSRP).
$4,372.03 - $6,669.40 Monthly
Initial salary placement will rarely extend beyond Step 3, $4,809.61/mo.
The successful candidate will have:
Associate's Degree from an accredited institution in the field of computer science,
information systems, or database management
A combination of education and paid database administration experience equal to
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in the field of computer science, information systems, or database management
- Experience with Ellucian Banner and associated products
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket)
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of SQL programming language
- Experience with Oracle development tools such as TOAD, Apex, SQL Developer
- PL/SQL programming for Oracle database
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective communication with non-technical users and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
To be considered for this position, a complete online application is required. For complete information on this and other job opportunities, please visit our web site at http://jobs.chemeketa.edu.
We are an EO/AA/ADA institution