Test Proctor Professional
North Central Texas College is accepting applications for a Test Proctor Professional; Part Time; Campus-wide
The Test Proctor Professional will be responsible for administering and monitoring departmental, local, and National Testing administrations for the department of Testing Services, and will assist with administering the TSI statewide placement exam, reviewing TSI test scores and course placement upon exam completion, and assist with data entry of scores as well as scanning documents into the Student Information System. Test Proctor will also assist Recruitment and Dual Credit offices with TSI test administration offered on high school campuses.
Associate’s Degree required.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
One year in college setting testing environment
Must be eligible for GED testing certification by the state, and must become certified as a GED examiner within 90 days of assuming position.
At least one year of experience working in a college setting under the Student Services Division or testing department preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Possess strong communication (both verbal and written) and analytical skills.
- Work with a variety of individuals and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work well with students, faculty and staff.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Proficiency with PC and computerized student information system is preferred.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Proctor a variety of tests, including but not limited to: TSI (statewide placement exam), college course exams, GED, CLEP, HESI, ATI-TEASE and health sciences entrance and certification exams both on and off campus.
- Advise students after the completion of the TSI exams regarding course placements.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials, test logs, and other test documents, and administer exams per Testing Center rules.
- Maintain a quiet atmosphere appropriate to testing.
- Work with faculty to have the information/materials to proctor exams in a timely manner.
- Work with students who have need of special accommodations, including but not limited to reading tests, scribing tests, or providing a special testing climate.
- Greet students and refer to appropriate offices.
- Schedule testing appointments for students and counselors and coordinate testing schedule.
- Attend all training required by supervisor or college/district, state, or federal policy.
- Maintain daily office schedule.
- Process data entry of scores, scanning and assisting Admissions with completing students’ files for registration purposes, by using Student Information Systems.
- Keep bookkeeping records and monthly activity reports of testing activity.
- Prepare written communications such as - requisitions, letters, emails, memos, etc.
- Document test Irregularities to Associate Testing Director.
- Operate computer software programs and equipment, scantron, printers, calculator.
- Responsible for duties performed by students under work study.
- Schedule testing proctors to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Assist with inventory needs on a monthly basis of test materials housed at the Testing Center.
- Participate in campus activities, and initiatives for Student Support Services.
- Assist in evaluating and improving program services.
- Participate in Marketing and Recruitment campaigns to promote Testing Services offerings.
- Prepare monthly testing calendars and generate monthly reports for submission to Associate Director.
- Represent NCTC at high schools by promoting college readiness and access to higher education through placement testing.
Regular office hours are Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-noon. However, hours may need to be adjusted to best meet the needs of the department and the college. This position is a part time position that works no more than 19 hours per week. ****This position will require some nights and weekends during busy peak registration and or testing periods**** The successful candidate cannot be a currently enrolled NCTC student.
Subject to criminal background check. Resume, cover letter, & unofficial transcript required in addition to application. Salary: $11/hr
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH NCTC’s WEBSITE
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.