Director of Health Professions
Arkansas State University-Newport has an opening for a Director of Health Professions. This is a full-time position (12-month appointment) at the Newport campus. This position will require travel to the Jonesboro and Marked Tree campuses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Health Professions, with institutional input, shall have responsibility for the following:
- The administration of the Certified Nursing Assistant, Phlebotomy, Patient Care Technician and other health profession education programs on the Newport, Jonesboro and Marked Tree campuses of ASUN.
- Provide theory and Clinical instruction in health professions programs deemed appropriate by the Dean of Nursing, Allied Health, and Community Services.
- Preparing and recommending for approval the budget for health professions programs.
- Health professions faculty development and performance review. Recommendation of qualified faculty for appointment, promotion, and retention.
- Maintaining the expectations set forth by program approving and/or accrediting bodies.
- Development and maintenance of records and reports needed for programmatic approval and accreditation.
- Coordination of course schedules for health professions programs. Collaborating with community and professional partners to ensure that health professions programs are meeting the needs of our students and industry.
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of two (2) years full-time equivalent practice in a clinical setting.
- Hold a valid, unencumbered, license to practice as an RN in Arkansas.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. Nursing education experience preferred.
About the College
ASUN is one of the state’s fastest-growing community colleges with a fall 2016 enrollment of over 2700 students. Established as a stand-alone, two-year college in 2001, our mission is to provide accessible, affordable, quality education that transforms the lives of our students, enriches our communities and strengthens our regional economy. ASUN’s vision is to be the driving force that revitalizes the Delta and restores the American Dream in the communities we serve.
With campus locations in Newport, Jonesboro and Marked Tree, ASUN offers a wide range of educational opportunities including Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and Associate of Applied Science degrees, technical certificates, certificates of proficiency and lifelong learning opportunities.
How to Apply
Arkansas State University – Newport is a part of the Arkansas State University System and is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. More information about Arkansas State University-Newport is available at www.asun.edu. Interested applicants may apply online at www.asun.edu/about us/job opportunities. Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume along with their online application. Official transcripts should be mailed to:
Director of Health Professions
Arkansas State University-Newport
Department of Human Resources
7648 Victory Blvd.
Newport, AR 72112
Questions regarding the application process or requests for accommodation to complete the application process should be directed to Human Resources (870) 512-7732.
Apply for Director of Health Professions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly