Professor of Computer Information Systems
LOCATION: Position will be based at the San Tan Campus and Superstition Mountain Campus. However, position may be assigned to any location within the District (temporarily or permanently) according to the needs of the District.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide a quality education for Central Arizona College students. Perform instruction-related and other duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, vision, mission, policies, and procedures of the college.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Faculty member will:
- Teach courses in Networking, Programming and some Web Development in accordance with the college workload policy and in a variety of potential modalities (e.g., face-to-face, online, hybrid, Interactive Television (iTv), Weekend College, accelerated, evening or late start classes) on any campus, site or center as dictated by the needs of students.
- Provide and present information, content, and context through lecture, laboratory, recitation, seminars and/or other learning venues utilizing a variety of teaching/learning styles as appropriate to the course content.
- Employ a variety of assessment tools; evaluates grades and comments on student work in order to facilitate and ensure student progress throughout the course. Communicate with students as appropriate. This may include email, online discussions, virtual chats within Blackboard, instant messaging (IM), telephone and/or face-to-face consultations to provide frequent feedback.
- Establish and maintain office hours per college policy. Maintain records of student progress and performance; completes and returns required reports to the appropriate office by established due date. Develop, prepare and evaluate instructional materials. Write and develop syllabi and course calendars.
- Review and update course outlines, text selection and syllabi in cooperation with other faculty and appropriate district academic chair or program director. Propose and develop new courses, curriculum, programs, instructional materials, and evaluation tools as necessary to meet the needs of the students and community.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of students through the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategies primarily in the instructional setting.
- Cultivate development of instructional programs and knowledge of trends, pedagogy, andragogy, and new technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a master’s degree in any field with 18 graduate credits in Computer Information Systems or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
SALARY: Dependent upon educational level and qualifying experience. Teaching load is thirty–equated hours per academic year.
START DATE: January - 2019
DEADLINE: All application materials must be received in the Office of Talent Development by 6:00 p.m., Thursday, October 11, 2018.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Official application
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work.
To apply go to www.centralaz.edu/jobs Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process. The level the background verification for this position is: Standard level.
The Office of Talent Development is located in main administration building, H Building, Suite 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.