Operations Coordinator, Development
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Florida Polytechnic University Advancement seeks an Operations Coordinator to assist the Development Department in coordinating activities that continue to move the department forward, coordinate and maintain positive relationships with other departments and individuals outside of the university; assist with maintaining accurate data in the customer relationship management (CRM) system, and coordinate communication with donors and potential donors. The Operations Coordinator will work out of the Lakeland Development office, but will travel as needed.
· Assist the Director of Development with the operations of the department as needed.
· Provide development-related support to the Vice President of Advancement, Associate Vice President of Advancement, and the Director of Development.
· Assist and track moves management to keep current and potential donor relationships moving forward; contact development staff if a delay is detected and help them work through the delay; report delays that cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
· Coordinate the donor stewardship process and produce donor reports as necessary.
· Process and track gift agreements.
· Initiate and coordinate the Annual Fund campaigns.
· Assist in building required reports; review reports daily; report issues or concerns found in reports.
· Manage information on and activities with key constituents and provide timely reporting through the CRM System.
· Cross train with other development and advancement staff to be able to provide assistance in other areas as needed.
· Build working relationships and serve as department liaison to internal and external constituents as needed.
· Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to coordinate the operational activities of a department.
· Knowledge of database/CRM systems.
· Knowledge of report creation and/or management.
· Ability to professionally manage relationships with staff members at all levels, including supervisors.
· Ability to maintain relationships and interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients, high net worth individuals, university and Foundation staff and diverse groups.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
· Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and documentation skills.
· Ability to work without direct supervision both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to analyze data, confirm results, and communicate results to a variety of individuals.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and work within deadlines.
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
· Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, manage several projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and achieve goals.
· Bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience OR Associate’s degree and at least three years related experience OR High School Diploma and at least five years related experience.
· Department support or leadership experience.
· Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system.
· Experience creating and/or working with reports in Salesforce or Tableau.
· Experience in Higher Education.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $47,476 - $50,000, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.