Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Sustainability and Renewable Energy Laboratory from Florida Polytechnic University has an opening for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to perform multidisciplinary research that explores new applications of graphene and other hybrid related materials. The candidate will assist the existent research team led by Dr. Nicoleta Hickman in the design, fabrication, characterization, and optimization of graphene and hybrid based optoelectronic devices. A requirement is the ability to continually update knowledge in the specialist area via the technical literature, engage in continuous professional development, and strong self-direction in terms of managing short term deadlines and long term project goals.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Design and build experimental tests,
- Device design, fabrication, characterization, and optimization
- Provide a full data analysis and interpretation of the data, using a variety of analytical and computational tools.
- Interaction with research teams from Florida Poly and research agencies
- Mentoring and training of graduate and undergraduate students
- Presenting scientific findings at conferences
- Preparing and publishing scientific findings in peer-reviewed journals
- Preparing and filing patent applications on new inventions
- PhD in Engineering, Physics, Nanotechnology or Materials Science.
- Two years of experience in the discipline that includes experimental and/or numerical research work in a field closely related to the application of graphene.
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Expertise in optoelectronic devices fabrication and characterization is an essential requirement, as demonstrated by publications in journals.
- Experience in handling collaborations within research projects, including reporting and attendance to project meetings is also important.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters or recommendation