Administrative Facilities Coordinator- (Kennesaw)
Provides administrative and managerial support to the campus MEP Supervisor and supporting shops in the areas of financial activities (procurement and payment), resource management (both internal work force and outside contractors), work and project coordination, records management, communications and customer service.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Track and manage proposals, contracts, purchase orders and payments from outside contractors utilizing online financial systems (ePro, OwIPay, etc.) and following approved procurement and payment procedures.
- Maintain departmental calendar by identifying campus activities that affect the department, work of outside contractors, and significant departmental activities.
- Assist in the coordination and communication of departmental activities with campus departments, stakeholders, and building occupants.
- Assist in the procurement of parts and equipment for the department, shops and technicians.
- Process and track Long-Term Visitor request and background checks for outside contractors.
- Maintain records for department, including but not limited to refrigerant use, license requirements, and staff training.
- Assist in the creation, assignment, and closing of work orders, review of daily time sheets, prioritization and processing of work requests, and monitoring of work order completion utilizing computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Utilize building automation systems (BAS) to investigate building conditions, schedule events, and adjust set-points.
- Manage Office/Clerical Lead II (Dispatcher).
- Manage and organize the MEP Supervisor's office functions, including but not limited to ordering office supplies, computers, printers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as becoming proficient with the CMMS (AiM), and BAS (Automated Logic and EcoStruxure) softwares utilized by KSU.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and problem solving.
- Able to manage, monitor and delegate to a subordinate position.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency or urgent customer service situation and appropriately acts and communicates.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
Minimum Salary: $14.08 per hour.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of administrative experience in higher education facilities management or in the HVAC, electrical or plumbing service industry. Minimum License: Current valid and unrestricted Georgia State Driver's License
Associate or Bachelor's degree