Director of Access and Transitions - Campus Life
The Director is a senior leader in Culture Access and Transition in the Division of Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence, and will provide comprehensive visioning, strategic planning, assessment and implementation of the Denver Promise Scholars Program, transition programs as well as provide guidance to additional programs supporting first generation college students in partnership with the Director and Assistant Director of First Generation Initiatives and Director of Equity in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (E-STEM). The Director will provide Departmental, Area, Divisional, and University leadership for comprehensive outreach, programming, assessment, and persistence plans for students involved in these programs. This position is funded through a three-year innovation grant, after which time there will be a review of programmatic outcomes to assess permanent position funding.
University and Divisional Leadership
Budget ManagementSupervisor Duties
- Master's Degree or relevant Graduate degree.
- 5+ years of experience providing individual and programmatic support to diverse, low income and/or first generation college students.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Strategic planning, visioning, and assessment experience.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience working with parent and families in higher education.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience with full-time staff.
- Experience working with faculty in higher education.
- Experience with student development.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on Tuesday, September 30, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.