The Database Manager supports the mission of the Kutztown University Foundation and Alumni Relations office by managing the functionality of the Raiser’s Edge database and providing timely information, lists and reports for all Foundation staff as needed. The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to build sound and creative programs and to work as part of a comprehensive fundraising team dedicated to building a culture of philanthropy are requirements of this position.
The Database Manager routinely handles confidential materials, coordinates cross-departmental projects, and meets deadlines. This person must also possess strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills. This position will play a critical role as the KU Foundation embarks on a major comprehensive fundraising campaign. We encourage applicants to learn more about the Kutztown University Foundation by visiting: www.kutztownUfoundation.org.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages quality and integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Monitors data entered by database users and provides necessary training and mentoring to ensure quality.
- Develops and executes queries, exports, lists, reports and additional information as needed for the Executive Director, Development Officers, Advancement Services, Business, and Alumni Relations offices.
- Provides weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the Executive Director and development team, in consultation with the office of Advancement Services.
- Coordinates with Alumni Relations to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of alumni engagement.
- Prepares reports for external organizations (i.e. – VSE, EAB, University, etc.).
- Manages updating of all RE records including address changes, prospect and solicitor information, etc.
- Responsible for timely importing of new graduates.
- Exercises professional discretion in the research, selection, organization, preparation and dissemination of data for annual scholarship and stewardship reports.
- Supports the KU Foundation scholarship program by updating scholarship contact information in Raiser’s Edge, maintaining the scholarship fund database, monitoring recipient information from the KU Financial Aid Office.
- Assists where needed in the execution of special events and campaigns.
- Manages relationship with Blackbaud and other key software vendors as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Professional Background and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge and CampusCALL is preferred.
- Expertise in database management.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
- An understanding of the relationship between an institutionally-related Foundation and its university is helpful.
- Possesses an understanding of how development activities integrate with financial activities.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Ability to relate comfortably to alumni, parents and volunteers, as well as to faculty/staff members, administrators, students and other staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and manage several projects simultaneously.
- An understanding of Kutztown University and the Kutztown University Foundation missions.
- Occasional night and weekend work required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance of interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Apply for Database Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly