Sports Information Assistant (part-time)
The Sports Information Assistant (SIA) role is a part-time, non-exempt position, working between 25-29 hours per week. Under the Direction of the Assistant Athletic Director for Communications, the SIA is responsible for game coverage, production of printed materials, maintaining the athletics website and various student-athlete nomination submissions. The SIA will also be responsible for oversight of the exchange of roster files, and statistical information as well as game coverage and preparations as well as posting score information to NCAA and Curry Athletics Website and post- game stories generation with appropriate links to photos, statistics and player biographies.
Publications / Marketing:
- Assist the Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications in all areas pertaining to the publicity and promotion of Curry’s athletic program, including serving as the primary game-day contact for selected sports.
- Assist in the department’s webcasting serving as the primary contact for 7 sports (4-Fall, 1-Winter, 2-Spring).
- Responsible for the preparation of programs for home games.
- Provide assistance in the publication of special programs such as Hall of Fame, Community Outreach, Alumni Games etc.
- Responsible for filing weekly conference reports, post-game summaries, and reporting post-game results to media.
- Responsible for writing and editing post-game stories, news releases, and feature stories.
- Responsible for publishing content to athletic department website on a regular basis, using the PrestoSports administrative system.
- Provide assistance for Team Photo days.
- Assist in managing the department’s social media presence across multiple platforms.
- Compile in-contest statistics (as mandated by the conference and the NCAA) and file regular reports as required by the NCAA and conference office.
- Responsible for exchanging rosters/results/stats with opponent.
- Responsible for managing the press box at all home soccer, ice hockey and lacrosse games.
- Responsible for setting up and running live stats and streaming video for all home soccer, ice hockey and lacrosse games.
- Responsible for Live Stats set up, Stat Crew game file preparation, Scoreboard Scroll updates.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications and/or the Director of Athletics.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Assist with the supervision and education of student employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of one year of experience working in an intercollegiate athletic communications office.
- Must be available to work varying schedule of afternoons, evenings and weekends per game schedules.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photo Shop, Illustrator, Acrobat), Stat Jack (live stats), Box Cast (video streaming), Stat Crew and/or Presto Sports statistical software, as well as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Ability to work on content management for updating the athletics website.
- Ability to function in a service- and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to function independently, display strong attention to detail, work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- This position does require the ability for regular physical exertion including heavy lifting (50lbs) and exposure to weather.
- The position also requires the temperament and interpersonal skills to work well with the modes and moods of student-athletes within the stress and tension periods of intercollegiate athletics.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.