Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director and Professor
Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director
St. Andrews University (a branch of Webber International University) invites applications for a faculty/Program Director position in Occupational Therapy Assistant. The successful candidate must have at a minimum a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy (preferred) or a related discipline awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional accrediting body which is recognized by the US Department of Education and must have, or be willing to obtain, a current, unrestricted State of North Carolina Occupational Therapy Practitioner (OT) License. Additional qualifications include:
- A minimum of 5 years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy to include:
- Clinical practice as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting
- Scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning)
- Understanding of and experience with occupational therapy assistants
- At least 2 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level.
Additional responsibilities will include advising undergraduates, committee service, and contributions to the university’s interdisciplinary general education program. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Send letter of application, vita, transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, and 3 letters of reference to Dr. Edna Ann Loftus, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean, St. Andrews University, 1700 Dogwood Mile, Laurinburg, NC 28352. [email protected] St. Andrews is a member of the Association of Presbyterian Colleges and Universities and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. www.sa.edu