Faculty, Nursing (Associate Degree Nursing)
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-North Harris
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-North Harris, nestled on 200 acres of piney woods, is the original and largest college in the Lone Star College System family. Serving the community for more than three decades, LSC-North Harris offers more than 60 programs of study, including university-transfer and numerous education courses and programs. LSC-North Harris is keenly focused on leading-edge technology in emerging technical job fields.
Campus address is 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive. Houston, Texas 77073-3499.
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to
the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and
the community. The faculty member's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation,
professional development, and institutional service. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach
courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
- Teaches courses in Nursing courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Makes continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods. Creates engaging lessons that promote student involvement and application of the material.
- Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines.
- Plans, develops and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course.
- Submits required college reports and forms.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community.
- Provides access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Responsible for professional development and institutional service as determined in consultation with the Dean.
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Mastery of course content
- Strong leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling; picking, holding, or otherwise working with the whole hand
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, concisely, loudly, or quickly
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading
Commensurate with education, qualifications and experience
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Schedule will vary depending on class times. Faculty are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction as needed
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled classroom environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Master's degree in Nursing and 3 years non-teaching work experience in the field.
- Must hold a current unencumbered Texas RN license
- 3 years of teaching experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College to Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.
2 positions available. Must be willing to teach 9 month or 10.5. month faculty contract. Contract length determined by hiring supervisor. Positions to begin Spring 2019 semester.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 2700 WW Thorne Dr (0100) , 2700 WW Thorne Dr , Houston , 77073
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: LSC NH Health Science Bldg - 0103
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Transcript 1, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Certificate
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2018, 1:24:11 AM