Location: New Orleans, LA
The Executive Secretary assists the chair of Jewish Studies in carrying out the day-to-day administrative operations of the department. Focusing particularly on the budget, this position also assists with secretarial tasks, assists in operating the building, and provides a link between faculty and the administrative systems of the university.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac based applications, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel, and web-based systems
- Ability to project plan in order to establish and meet deadlines, manage workload, and to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to process payments and invoices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and through writing
- Ability to organize events and conferences
- Ability to understand competing budget needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of related experience
- College Degree
- Experience in budgeting grant funds
- Experience in using Concur
- Experience working in a university environment
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.