High Performance Computing Administrator
Location: New Orleans, LA
The HPC System Administrator will provide leadership and technical expertise to Tulane advanced computing activities. These activities will enhance the research programs of the Tulane academic research community, the LONI community, and other Tulane partner institutions. Technology Services seeks expertise specifically in large-scale system administration. A successful applicant should have expertise in working with Linux-based clusters, high performance computing (HPC) software environments, high-speed interconnects such as InfiniBand/Ethernet and Lustre parallel file systems, as well as significant grasp of Linux/Unix shells and scripting languages.
This position will contribute to Tulane activities in the following ways:
- Work with members of the systems group to design, install and operate large-scale HPC systems;
- Provide project leadership role on production HPC systems;
- Respond to emergency situations involving system problems, downtime and security breaches;
- Evaluate new HPC architectures, systems, and other system tools to determine the best techniques for achieving performance and to identify future acquisition targets;
- Publicize the results of these activities through attendance and presentations at conferences/workshops; and
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
The selected candidate will be appointed to the title HPC System Administrator based on a review of research accomplishments, professional experience, and other qualifications.
Bachelor's Degree and six (6) years of relevant experience to include experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems and underlying hardware, virtualization software (KVM, HPC clustering or Bright Cluster Management), administering related HPC storage/cluster systems, and three (3) years experience in system administration of large-scale HPC systems
High School Diploma/Equivalent and ten (10) years of relevant experience to include experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems and underlying hardware, virtualization software (KVM, HPC clustering or Bright Cluster Management), administering related HPC storage/cluster systems, and three (3) year's experience in system administration of large-scale HPC systems
- Master's degree
- Experience in parallel filesystem deployment and administration, especially Lustre parallel filesystem;
- Significant experience in the installation, operation and maintenance of high-performance InfiniBand, Intel Omni Path or Ethernet interconnects; and
- Experience with operating systems software and support utilities, including Linux/Unix process accounting, security software, and script programming
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.