Digital Marketing Analyst
Digital Marketing Analyst-1802487
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Minimum three (3) years of full time experience in using business analytics, data analytics and/or marketing analytics testing optimization, including the following: 1). Experience working with Common website analytics platforms and reporting/presentation tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics. 2). Experience working with Website Content Management Tools. 3). Experience utilizing widely used ad servers and advertising technology platform, such as Google AdWords or DoubleClick, major demand side and data management platforms. Experience creating dynamic dashboards or other consumable formats (e.g. Excel).
Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent or higher) in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Business or Statistics. Additional years’ experience in using business analytics, data analytics and/or marketing analytics testing optimization. Working knowledge of social listening and analytics platforms, including engagement and sentiment analysis. Experience working with Google Tag Manager.Experience editing databases (e.g. Access, Filemaker, SQL).Experience performing basic queries (e.g. Access, Filemaker, SQL). Experience working with data warehouses. Experience with OmniUpdate. Experience segmenting audience. Experience conducting A/B testing. Experience conducting multivariate testing.
Brief Description of Duties:
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Analyst will help create and drive a data-first strategy and be familiar with multiple web platforms and tools including content management systems, analytics engines, and reporting dashboards. The Digital Marketing Analyst will play a key role in discovering traffic and performance patterns to help inform the strategy and translate findings into actionable recommendations. They will be responsible for supporting SBU web analytics tracking & reporting, online asset tagging, multivariate testing and engagement and UX pathing analysis.
- Elevate role data plays with marketing and across the enterprise through creation of a Web Analytics Infrastructure.
- Identify data collection and analysis processes and the planning, development and execution of marketing analytics programs outlining specific measurement plans for campaigns, content or programs.
- Segment audiences, set up, execute, and analyze A/B and multivariate testing, building timely compelling fact based test recaps that drive recommendations.
- Objectively deliver testing insights and help create a culture of data-driven decision making, taking a lead in utilizing data to form strategy for content.
- Perform analyses to extract actionable insights that will help produce actionable analysis & recommendations to drive strategy and improve website performance.
Quality and Accuracy of Data:
- Collaborate with IT and other departments to implement data collection tags and analytics tool requirements necessary to properly and efficiently measure and report.
- Manage and maintain implementation of Google Tag Manager/Google Analytics across all SBU sites and pages.
- Identify trends and/or issues within data sets and make recommendations to enhance reporting and analysis.
- Communicate cross functionally- feeding information and results to other departments helping to promote a data driven culture.
- Establish strong working partnerships with relevant areas of the university; participate in cross functional projects as needed.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Summarize and communicate weekly test result findings and actionable recommendations.
Designing Reporting dashboards
- Design and implement appropriate dashboards and reports that can inform and drive strategy.
- Interpretation and delivery of dashboard reporting weekly via email.
- Other Duties as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
This is a full-time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain the FLSA exemption.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at www.stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
About Stony Brook:
Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region. SBU also manages and performs joint research with Brookhaven National Laboratory, the only Department of Energy Laboratory in the Northeast, and shares doctoral programs with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned molecular biology institute. Home to the Emerson String Quartet, the Jackson Pollack House in East Hampton, New York, the Humanities Institute, and the Southampton Arts Program, and with endeavors that extend to the Turkana Basin Institute in Kenya and the Ranomafana National Park in Madagascar, SBU sustains an international reputation that cuts across the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Communications and Marketing-Stony Brook University
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 am - 5:00 pmCommunications and Marketing-Stony Brook University
Posting Start Date: Sep 12, 2018
Posting End Date: Oct 12, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: : $64K -$70K ANN@1 FTE CWE
Salary Grade: SL3